Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What a nice day

I woke up way to early, I set my alarm for 7 and was up at 6:30, I'm sure it was because I didn't want to miss my great day. I checked my e-mail and there was a card from my sister wishing me a happy birthday. It was so funny CLICK HERE to view. I got Steve's package ready to bring to the post office, took my shower and the phone rang long distance. I jump out of the shower soap and all, slipping and sliding all the way to the phone. It was my honey!!!! I asked him if he was still on camp "maybe" "well no Steve, it's a simple yes or no, I'm all soapy and dripping, if your on camp I will finish my shower it will take a minute max" I told him. "Yes go ahead" he says. I jump back in, it felt like it was taking forever to finish off, jump back out once I was all rinsed off and talked to my love. He was the 1st voice I heard this morning and it was honestly the best birthday present I could of asked for. I got off the phone with him and I had a little tears streaming down my cheek, I don't even know what kind of feeling I was having, it was a mix of sadness that he wasn't here, but also a tear of joy knowing he made sure to call before I left....It's days like today I truly miss him. It's not the 1st birthday he misses and I'm sure it won't be the last, but nothing feels better than having your spouse home to share in your special day... when he doesn't forget it that is (Right Steve...lol).. I will never let him off the hook for that one :-)
* a few years ago my dear hubby had a big ruck sack march 14-15 klm's, he came home exhausted hit the bed and awoke to ask me what was for supper, I told him in my sassy voice... I don't cook on this day. He looked at me like I had to heads. I kept giving him the cold shoulder and he asked me why I was so upset. I told him "once you figure it out you will know" all of a sudden the light bulb came on and he apologized profusely. We did got out for a nice dinner though, so technically he didn't miss the whole day.

Ty was pretty good this morning. He packed up his backpack and out we went to drop him off at my friends house for the day. I dropped off the package and off I went for my day of pampering.
I arrived just on time. I sat down and was called in immediately to my seat for my pedicure. I enjoyed every moment of the bubbling water hitting my feet. She scraped and sawed all the dead skin..lol.. They were BAD, I find summer is always the worst for my feet. It was really nice and relaxing. I chose not to talk to much and really just wanted to enjoy the treatment I was getting. Once that was done I sat in an other area and got my manicure done. She did a french manicure, it was ok. Nothing toooo great, but I guess they look better than they did when I went in.
Afterwards I went into the WAX ROOM.. jeezzz I HATE getting my eyebrows waxed. So I warned her I was a big baby, I said a few sue swears "son of a beeehive", jeeepers ect..lol

Then it was time for my nice relaxing massage. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was nice and gentle (not like the massacre I had in Ottawa) It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was great. I was so relax and sad that it was over. I stayed on the table another 10 minutes after she was done just to get out of my daze, to stretch and to muster enough energy to get up and get dressed.

All in all I was happy with my treatments. I have been to another spa and enjoyed the atmosphere better. This place had younger staff, and the other places had 40ish ladies working and making it their duty to make you feel like you were the queen while you were there. I would go back, just really loved the other one's staff better. The only thing with the place in Ottawa was that the masseuse was not for me. He did it way to hard and I hurt for near a week after, It almost ruined the whole day for me..... teaches me right for not opening my big mouth and telling him. I thought to myself that maybe it will feel better after the massage...lol NOPE, that was definitely not the case.

I went and got Ty from my friends place and he was GREAT at her place.. go figure. He made his nice craft, he refuses to stay put at the table here for craft time. I am glad to hear he is able to behave though..lol
We came home had some snuggle time and both fell asleep for half an hour. I was going to go out for supper with Ty, but it got very cloudy and stormy, so I plopped a frozen pizza in the oven. At least I didn't have to really cook.
Now Ty's in bed, he peed on the carpet again (son of a beehive) and I'm going to give my house a quick once over and hit the hay so I can be nice and refreshed for the possey in the morning.

Thank you all for your nice b-day wishes :-)

Thank you mom & dad for the wonderful gift of my manicure and pedicure :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday was also my birthday. I got up, snapped on my computer. When Google came up I thought this was way cool because Google had placed a cupcake with candles in place of the 'o'. Silly me, I thought it was for MY birthday!!!! I quickly learned Google was wishing itself a Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday Sue!! -Marg

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you too :-)and goodgle too...hahaha