Sunday, September 03, 2006

Update on the last month or so...

Steve;
Left for Afghanistan Aug 12/06, will return home for 2 week leave Mid Nov. End of tour Feb/07. He's doing good.. he's in the middle of the desert somewhere, only gets to call home every 5-6 days for 5 minutes. He seems happy about finally doing what he has trained for the last 12 years. He NEEDS a shower and misses us!!! He should be going back to the main camp in the next few weeks, just for a couple days, but his phone card should have enough minutes accumulated to talk for a couple hours... hahaha!!! Can you really see Steve talk on the phone for that long. If anyone would like to send him a letter/package e-mail me and I'll send the address, he also has a e-mail address for well wishes so don't be shy to write him and send him news from Canada, I'm sure he would really appreciate it!!!

Tamaya-Chantaline;
Is doing great at Marijke's house. She is walking, climbing, has 4 teeth, weights about 20lbs and still the most beautiful baby girl I've ever laid my eyes on. We are hoping to get signed out of IBESR(Haitian Gov) any day now. I called the director, he said he would sign the file next week, that was a month ago!!! So I am pretending to have patience as we wait some more. When she is finally signed out it should take 8-12 weeks to get home. We are hoping she comes home while Steve is on leave so he can meet his daughter. Again this year we will pay for 3 of her siblings to attend school. We do this anonymously through a third party, but it's the least we can do for the GREATEST gift her birth family has given us.

Ty;
Well Ty is Ty, the boy give his mom her run for her money. He is ALL boy, full of energy, exploring, testing his boundaries constantly and VERY lucky he's so cute!!! Of course he is hilarious & quite the little comedian. He's a charmer & such a flirt with the older girls!!! He is sure is a lot like his Daddy a bug-a-boo, but that's what keeps life interesting. He now speaks both French and English, and actually switches when asked to. He's getting so big, I've got to buy more clothes for him AGAIN.

Sue;
I'm trying to keep it all together, I have days that are harder than others. Days where I wish my family was all here. For the most part I've been keeping busy. I scrub my house when I'm stressed (so needless to say it's pretty spotless) I've been bringing Ty to the park almost every evening to past the time and to meet up with some friends that hubby's are also gone. My girlfriend has been a GREAT support!!!! We have our weekly time, Tuesday cheapy movie nights, Friday night dinner and shopping. She has been a rock & great source of strength for me. It seems that all I can focus on is hearing from Steve, or info on Tamaya, and getting away seems to keep my mind off of everything. I'm still doing my home daycare. I have 3 kids, and plan on keeping it a small number until my life returns to "normal". Once Tamaya's home I plan on taking some time off 1-4 months then I will consider bringing in more.

That's my update in a nutshell. Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Sue, this is great! can really get the update on what is new. I will send Steve a quick note if you could send me his e-mail, and Ty's pic taking, with a little more practice, he could be a pro. Well hopefully i can swing by and drop off some things for Steve i will keep you posted.