Tuesday, September 26, 2006

little vent session

WHAT A FLIPPEN DAY!!! As I said in my previous post Ty partied all night and I was stuck with my little mans attitude. I put him to bed, he fell fast asleep... then... he woke up just as I was putting the other children down for their nap. I told Ty to watch some TV because I needed a minute to breath. He was being really good and I thought to myself, “wow his nap really helped him out”. I gave Ty his lunch and just as he was finishing he started acting up...VERY LOUDLY and woke up Jeremy. They both were yelling at each other from different floors and then I heard dear Riley start to cry. I had the whole house up and it was nowhere near the end of quiet time. It was a whole hour before it was supposed to be done. When he has his little episodes, it total takes everything out of me. It drains me and just as I was trying to rejuvenate, it all started over again... Ty was in a time out because he decided to take candies and stick them everywhere on my bed while I was busy with Jeremy. (YES!! the clean bed I washed yesterday!!!)I peeled away the candy from my bed to put them in the garbage and Ty started having a melt down, hitting me, screaming. I put him in a time out because of course, this behavior is unacceptable. While he kept swearing, kicking and fighting... my girlfriend called. She heard the back ground noises. "OH no, not again Sue, just breath" she told me..lol. I explained to her what was going on and she says to me "well that's it; as soon as I'm done work I am coming to get him. Pack his p.j's and I will feed him supper, bath him and when your ready I will come bring him back to you” Well my gosh the tears just started flowing. She understood that I needed a BREAK and I did, I do... and I think that sometimes I feel too proud to ask. Maybe not too proud, I think of him as my sole responsibility and when I feel like I need a break I don't feel like it's justified. Ty looked up and seen I was crying and said "please don't cry mom". I was in no mood to entertain his cuteness, I told him to be quiet and to finish his time out. Once all was said and done and I knew I was going to have some time to rest and relax, I had a tad more energy to go with my day. I got the kids at the table for their afternoon snack got them ready to go outside and off we went for a nice walk in the crisp fall air. We walked up the road and I decided to take a trail into the forest that I figured leaded back to my house. We walked for a nice 20 minutes or so in the woods and found our way home. We got home and I decided to let the kids’ burn off some energy. Riley decided to play in some mud :-( but I was not going to let that ruin my good mood, then Ty started again. He started acting up with the kids, taking toys away, acting very silly. I had to give him a time out and I warned him if he didn't do his time-out properly he would be going in the house. He of course decided not to listen, yet again and I told him it was enough and that it was time to go in. He then decided to RUN from me. I had the 2 kids in the back yard, he ran 2 houses up by the time I finally caught him. I picked him up to hurry and run back to make sure the 2 were still ok. Plopped Ty in the house, brought the other 2 in and I honestly didn’t have any more fight in me. Just as I was trying to place Ty in the room Riley was getting into something. I had a moment of "I QUIT". I put the 2 younger kids at the table and gave them each a glass of water. I took a time out!!! I took a few deep breaths and told myself "it wouldn't be long, and I would have some time for me" not long after parents showed up to pick up their kids and then my friend came to get Ty. During my time off, I had a long list of things to do and as I was talking with my mom on the phone, I told her I would go and just rest on the couch. I was sitting on the couch and fell fast asleep within seconds. I must of slept for half an hour or so. I am sill SO TIRED.

Ty came home at 8:30, we had some nice snuggle time before he went to bed. He said he was sorry, I asked him if he was going to start listening and he said yes mom...lol. It amazes me that with all the stress the day caused I can honestly look at my son, love him so much and be willing to do it all over again tomorrow because he is worth it. He is worth all my time and energy. He teaches me everyday about patience, love and most of all devotion.

I'm heading to bed because I'm hoping I will be nice and refreshed for my nice spa day.... I can honestly say I've never felt like I needed it so much as I do now.