Sunday, September 03, 2006

and more waiting

I've been sitting by the phone & watching the news (click "news" for article) all day. I know nothing has happened to Steve because the next of kin in the area has been notified, but also have inside info that someone that is gone for the long weekend has not received the dreaded news (that was as of this afternoon) My insider lady cannot say who it is, but I have a BIG feeling it is someone we know. This anticipation of a name release is so hard. Just knowing it could be someone I know is awful. I knew the fact that this tour being mostly men/women from around here would be hard to bare. The odds of me knowing someone is pretty high. I REALLY have those families in my heart today.

update; I did NOT know any of the fallen soldiers personally, but have some friends that we're very close to these men. May their friends and families find peace in their hearts and remember the ultimate sacrifice they have made for their country.

No comments: