Sunday, September 24, 2006

My girl-friends rock :-)

I went to my friends house to do some scrap-booking. It took me forever to pack all my stuff and haul it over. I honestly didn't have any motivation to do any pages. I sat there and played around with my less than perfect layout for a couple hours. I only got 4 small pages done in the 7 hours...lol.. and they were nothing fancy. The snack were great and I think I spend more time eating than doing anything productive.

Earlier in the evening one of our girl friends showed up to give me some more clothes for Ty and we waited for another friend to come over. Once everyone arrived and the kids were in bed, out came the cake and the happy birthday song :-) Gosh, my reaction I'm sure was funny. I haven't exactly been in a "Birthday" mood. It still isn't for a few more days. My friends teen daughter walked into the kitchen with the cake. I looked at her.. Looked back at my pictures... Took another look at her.... Then it finally clicked. I'm not usually that slow, but I guess it really took me by surprise!!!!

I took the day off work on my birthday and have booked myself at a day spa for an 1 hr relaxing massage, manicure and pedicure... Oh yeah and a brow wax... but I don't really count that as fun time..lol My parents gift was the manicure and pedicure. My girl friend has added a gift certificate to the spa that I will put towards the rest of my lovely treatment... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Right before we left to go I told Ty "I'm going to jump in the shower, then it will be your turn for your bath"
"Oh yes" he says. "Mom I want to jump, jump, jump in the shower too"(as he was hopping all over the place) I tried to explain to him that NO we do not jump in the tub that it was only an expression... try explaining "expression" to a 3 year old.. HA