Monday, September 25, 2006

and the laundry now seizes to exist....

My laundry is all folded, most of it is put away (I still haven't put mine away, my big plan is to put my summer stuff away before I add all my clothes to the closet.. maybe tonight???) I'm caught up on all my bills, my supper is in the oven. My house is still clean....wow, I feel like I'm doing pretty good :-)

I had a nice phone call late afternoon and it was a darn telemarketer. I nearly tripped as I was running for my phone in my WAY TOO BIG new jammie pants that I thought were the greatest (I thought flannel would shrink more than they did. I'm not exaggerating when I say they are at least a foot too long, at least they have a waist tie 'cause then I would be loosing em too.) So I answer the phone thinking it was probably Steve because it was ringing long distance but no..." Is this (***-***-****, our #)" she asks. "Yes" I say in a less than enthusiastic voice. She blurs on about how she's not selling anything they are just conducting a survey on radio stations, she was very polite and you can tell she was a mature lady, I guess I have a thing with respecting my elders and I couldn't bare to cut her off... jeezzz I figured I may as well go along.. besides they weren't selling anything.. right? She then proceeds to tell me they would be sending me this survey by mail and asked me how many adults we're currently living here. I told her "well right now, just one" "Ahhh you're like me"
"Oh mam, it's just 'cause my husband is serving overseas and.."she cuts me off and says to me"oh dear, well I thank him and I also thank you for being strong, it takes a very strong women to go through that. I don't know how you could do it... I will say a prayer for you she says" "Oh please don't say a prayer for me, please say a prayer for my husband and the other soldiers in Afghanistan, they are the ones that need it" I reply to her. "at church on Sunday we have a prayer group while the service is going on and I will ask everyone to pray for him" She says in her sweet voice." Oh OK then, well since your at it can you ask em all to pray for our daughter too. We are in the process of international adoption and she isn't home yet " I tell her as if I thought what she was praying for would all come true instantly or something :-)
I am Catholic, but haven't gone to church willingly in years. I don't know why, but anytime someone is a church goer and they say there going to pray I just get goose bumps and a calmish feeling inside. Maybe it's just knowing I am in someones thoughts that make it special.. I don't know and honestly I'm not going to analyze it tonight 'cause I'm exhausted :-)
I guess the point that I was getting to, was that she was a nice lady... and I think I may have surprised her with my unlimited prayer requests...lol

What I did for me today; I put Ty in his room for quiet time, it was obvious he needed a nap. It was so quiet, I took my magazine and actually sat and read in the family room for a while. I even took the time to listen to "nature" I had the front door open and I enjoyed the fresh air coming in and the noises of the neighbourhood