Friday, September 08, 2006

Yippee, I got a long call from hubby!!!

My dear Steve got to call home, he is on camp for 24hrs. He was VERY happy to have been able to "eat real food, shower and have a Timmi's ice cap" awwww the life!!!
He actually told me he grew a stinkin' moustache again... boy, there is nothing I hate more on him then his caterpillar moustache. I told him at least I don't have to worry about any one being attracted to him with that thing on his face!!! :-)
We talked for near 30 mins. I gave him the address for this blog & realised all his "surprises" in the mail have now been revealed. Hahaha.. ooops. (by the way he loved reading it, which was a motivator to keep it going)
I got all the names of the guys/gals he is working directly with (10 on his gun) and will work on sending them each a little care package from Ty and I. I have decided the "theme" will be Halloween, by the time I get my butt in gear and get them out it should make it on time)I think if anything it will be a little moral booster that will be appreciated. Besides I need to make sure the ones watching my hubby's back are all happy :-)

I asked Steve if he has seen any spiders/reptiles and I guess there's a lot of mice, and gross HUGE bugs, he hasn't had a specific problem with any, but one of the guys in his troop had a mouse in his sleeping bag. I guess Steve got a good laugh about that when his friend jump out of it half naked screaming " I've got a spider... no a mouse in my bag" So of course being the quick witted gal that I am, his friend will be receiving a mouse trap in his "special" package. Steve of course thought this was a great idea.

I'm hoping he will be able to call again from camp because he has quite a few hours accumulated to call home since he hasn't been on camp using his phone card. I won't hold my breath, 'cause apparently he is at the mercy of the pilot as to when he will depart. I was pretty impressed when he told me he flew in to camp on a helicopter.... much safer then those darn roads. I was so impressed and happy about that news and said "well at least you won't have to be on those unsafe roads" then he proceeded to tell me he does travel them... so I'm just going to forget about that part of our conversation.