Sunday, September 17, 2006

what a night

I ran all day; it started off with cleaning my house, I then fed Ty once he got home from his playdate, I jumped in the shower, shaved my monkey suit, did my make-up and hair. We got to the movie theatre and luckily the line-up had not started, I went straight to the concession and bought us a med pop corn and pop to share. I walked into the theatre and scanned the place to see if my friend I was meeting was there. The "park wives" we're all there, I stopped to chat with them and found my girl friend sitting in the next row. We got comfortable as we waited for the movie to start. Ty was actually well behaved. He had a couple moments of fatigue during the movie, but would get back into the movie within moments. I did have to firmly tell him "if you don't stop we are going home" and that seemed to get his attention.
After the movie we stopped at a kids clothing store. I scanned the place to find a nice new outfit for Ty. This place is expensive and has various name brands. I found the cutest little Tommy jeans and shirt for him. The girls stuff wasn't all that nice. nothing that I "had to have" for Tamaya. I overheard the lady telling another customer that they pay for used clothes. I asked her how that program works and they take in used and pay you half of what they will sell your used for. I placed the outfit on "hold" and will bring in Ty's gently used clothes to them. May as well get something out of the deal, instead of just giving away his clothes I paid a fortune for.
We then headed to the next town over and went for dinner. Ran into wal-mart to get some stuff to start my Halloween box to send over to Steve and his troop. Picked up a new pair of glasses :-) I can finally see again (reading glasses) Then I went over to my friends house for a little house party she was having. I don't usually drink. I can honestly say I haven't had a "buzz" for about 4 years now... well, my good friend was also there and gave me a drink. I said "nah, you know I don't drink", "just try it Sue! You'll like it" I have a little sip, and it was actually really good. I finished it up and already had a slight glow. The hostess was having a Caesar, and asked me if I would care for one. "sure" I said and everyone went silent as they we're in shock. "Sue, your going to have another?" "yeah, why not" I reply. Everyone was just a tad excited that Sue was drinking... friends eh! So I had a few more drinks, had a great time, laughing and making everyone else laugh at my expense. When I drink as with most people, things that come to mind come out... I had my friends in stitches with the comments I was making and I have to admit my quick responses where pretty funny. I really enjoyed myself, but I have a stinking headache today.

What I did for myself yesterday? I had a few drinks with great company!

No comments: