Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Another this and that post.

This morning I had the scare of my life. I didn't set the alarm for my before and after school kids (mom is usually late, or she calls me at 7 and tells me they're not coming) my plan was just to wake up once they got here...the dog started barking and it scared the heck out of me. I thought it was only 2am and as I was running to the door I was saying NO NO NO, ( I have no idea if I was thinking it or screaming it???)thinking it was someone at my door to tell me dreaded news about Steve. Once I actually woke up and realised it was just the kids my heart started beating again... It was really weird almost like I was still sleeping and sleep walking.... strange.

Once the kids were off to school I had the day off. I got Ty ready and brought him off to pre-school, went to town to get some some milk and a Timmies ( I think I have officially got my 1st caffeine headache, or lack of caffeine I should say.. a good timmies fixed that prob.. right auntie Sunshine???..hahaha) I actually went to the river and enjoyed my coffee while watching the geese and enjoying the serenity of the moment. I had a lot of deep thoughts, thinking I wish I had brought my cam to take pics to post to my blog..lol, but in all seriousness, I did think of my hubby and about our wedding day and how beautiful our ceremony was by the river. I remember so vividly how I felt like we were the only 2 people in the world at that moment. (Steve, I love you babe and miss you so much!!!)

Once I got home I fixed Ty and I some lunch and he went down for quiet time. I was talking to my mom on the phone, making a homemade soup and I was constantly (well maybe only 5 times..lol) telling Ty the next time he didn't settle down and do his quiet time nicely in my room he would have to go to his room and do it. So my mom thoughtfully reminded me that I had told him this many time and was wondering if i was actually going to do it...lol. Ummmm Oh yes. And off he went to his room and fell fast asleep. I took advantage of this time to start the painting in the playroom. I got the blue walls done and the 1st coat of the lime on the other wall was almost completed and my little man woke up. He came to investigate and asked if he could help... hummmm??? I let him take the brush.. very reluctantly, and he painted away. I asked him if I could take a picture of him helping me and he said " oh, no thank you mom, I'm busy".. as we were finished it off, he leaned on the wall and of course got paint all over himself :-) good cue to leave the room!!!
I did finish the room tonight and I think I like it. Once I have all the mess cleaned up and things put back into their place I will know for sure if I love it, and of course I will share the finished product with you all.
I've decided to take most of this week off.. tomorrow I have the baby coming because none of his back-ups were available (ummm are they really????or do they know how he is and decided to pretend to be busy..lol) and I wouldn't have any of my families be stuck... but as it stand I should have Thursday and Friday off minus the before and after school kids. I really just need time to get my stress scrubbing done..lol. In all honesty I think I may be "nesting" either that or my spring cleaning feeling came late... I dunno?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha- come and "nest" in my house Sue :)
Love the blogs- and yup I am addicted...hehe
I pray that both our hubbies, as well as all the others arrive home safe to us. Keep writing the blogs-it makes for a great quiet time for me too.

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Hope you remember me. This is Beth's friend Sonya and I was just looking at your blog from Beth. It is awesome and Ty is georgous!! Hope you get your little girl soon. My prayers are with you guys. Love your Blog.

Sonya from Waterford, New Brunswick