Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A little bit of this... A little bit of that!

I slept a little better last night, I went to bed too late, it was close to 11pm, but I only woke up a couple times. This cold is really weird. It's like a little cold that just wont start??? I have a tickle behind my throat, and my nose is not congested? Either way, it still SUCKS and makes me feel gross. It's one of those that I don't feel justified to complain about... but I still will "cause I can!! :-)

Ty starts Nursery school today. I'm so excited for him! I hope he gets something out of it. I'm hoping he will listen to his teachers and be a good boy :-) (I'll post pics later today)

I talked to Steve yesterday afternoon. It was a pleasant surprise to hear from him. We talked about various things and just as we were saying our goodbyes I started to cry. I felt like I needed to let him know just how much he means to me and just how much we love him and need him... then the tears started flowing. Gosh.. somedays it's so hard to know he is there. I've also noticed that so many different wives cope a little differently than the next one. My coping mechanism is trying to "forget" he is there. I try to justify the tour, (there so many serving, if we loose X # of soldiers, then at least X #'s will come home and Steve will be one of them that comes back.....???)
I try and keep myself busy and try to focus on the good things around me. I try not to live this tour in "FEAR", but unfortunately somedays the fears are stronger and bite me in the keaster. I fear having a car pull in the driveway, I fear having to live my life without him. I keep telling myself not to worry, not to go there. I keep trying to tell myself; if something happens then you can deal with it... still doesn't make it any easier though.

I got an e-mail from Tamaya's caregiver. Tamaya had some pimple things on her head and they "REMOVED" all her hair to treat it. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet...lol. It will grow back.. right..???? Since we have started her adoption I have been collecting "hair pretties" for her because she had a HUGE amount of hair. Well I guess I won't be pulling them out anytime soon to make braids or twists.
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her with her "new" hairdo. It seems like the least of my worries these days. Besides at the rate this adoption is going she will have a full head of hair grow back before she's even close to coming home.. hahaha (gotta laugh about it... right!!!)

No comments: