Monday, October 09, 2006

He called

I answered the phone, Hello, hello??? The static on the line made it near impossible to hear.. I heard his faint little hello on the line. "babe, I can't hear you" I shouted. Then the line went dead. The phone rang again and I picked it up quickly since I was still clutching the phone in my hand. The line was better this time, but it still was cutting in and out. He said he was scared, but I shouldn't worry...lol. Ok there?? How in the world am I supposed to not worry. I told him to look at it as though the roles were reversed and it was me in danger. He then made the comment, but I like it, I live for this shit.. and I responded with "yes dear... and I will support you". Then he proceeded to talk about his mustache and how it was nice, thick and full... yup, that's my babe trying to make a tense conversation comical. Of course I fell right into it and told him to make sure it was gone before he came home..lol. He said "nope, I want to show it to you". "Oh well then I won't let you in the van I replied" "I'll rent a car" he said sarcastically....lol.. got to love him... Of course I will let him in the van with his caterpillar face, but I guarantee he's not getting any until he shaves it OFF...lol.. Ok Steve??? deal?
38 days and he's home, I don't know how in the world I'm going to watch him leave to go back. I wonder if I plead insanity if they would let him stay??? LOL

2 comments:

Karin's Korner said...

May the Lord be with Steve and your family, may he come back fit and fine. God Bless

Sue said...

Thanks for having him in your thoughts and prayers